6/27/2007

Delineating One Year in a Single Day

I don't like birthdays. It isn't that I am that old, though I am no longer considered part of MTV's target demographic, the biggest problem is that one year suddenly pops up at you in one day.

Today I am 26, tomorrow I am suddenly 27, to mark a year of existence at a single stroke of the clock is disconcerting and unfair, especially for the Peter Pans amongst us.

It would be better if we had quarter birthday's or even a half year celebration, incremental aging is almost okay.

What I am trying to say is, I don't want to grow up, and even though I am able to retard my emotional and intellectual development, time will not stop no matter how insistent (or petulant) I act to the contrary.

Happy Birthday To Me, reluctant as it may be.

No comments:

 
Blogging Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory