5/30/2007

Why we have guns: to enable children to kill mythic, industrial farm spawned beasts.

I used to idolize Hugh Jackman. I even fantasized about having his baby – on several different occasions, including last Valentine's Day. Don't worry, I am over Wolverine now, although he will always hold a special place in my heart.

My new hero is Jamison Stone. He killed a 1,051 pound hog. I was initially taken aback by the story because the news headline didn't read Rosie Downed in Alabama, but quickly recovered and read the particulars of the story:

"He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot."

How can an eleven year old kill the animal equivalent of a Volkswagen Bug? With a .50-caliber revolver of course.

You might ask why an eleven year old is using a .50-caliber revolver in the first place, but then you would be in clear violation of the second amendment - I should know, I finished law school orientation (and earned one credit no less.)

No comments:

 
Blogging Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory