5/26/2007

I haven't even read Ulysses.

I am a pretentious asshole, albeit a clever one. The myspace email exchange below exemplifies both qualities. Incidentally, she never replied to the last message.


----------------- Original Message ----------------- From: Kristy Date: May 15, 200710:43AM
I like your page... you seem like a pretty interesting guy :)
----------------- Original Message ----------------- From: Bob Date: May 15, 2007 11:37 AM Interesting, huh? I have been called much worse. I am glad you like the page - it does a man good to have a attractive fans.
----------------- Original Message ----------------- From: Kristy Date: May 16, 2007 8:42 AM
So Bob, if you don't like palindromes, why don't you just go by Robert?
----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Bob Date: May 16, 2007 1:37 PM
Terbor is definitely not a palindromic name, so you are right. But really, why not go by Bobby, Roberto or even Big Sexy? Each name would work and be correct to one degree or another, yet not a one captures all that is me, my essence if you will.

Birth certificate aside, I was born to be a Bob. A mountain is a mountain; a river is a river; and a Bob is me. Unless, of course, you are Buddhist then a mountain is a river; a river is a mountain; and a Bob is you. And my disgust with the palindrome has less to do with my name then with James Joyce's Ulysses - tattarrattat my ass.

No comments:

 
Blogging Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory